Diabetes, Healthy Feet & You
Wounds Canada in collaboration with the Waterloo Wellington Self-Management Program is pleased to announce the delivery of the Healthy Feet, Diabetes and You in your community.
This 1-day interactive virtual workshop can help you discover and develop your expertise in managing your foot care while living with diabetes. Plus, you will be surrounded by people who have lived with the ups and downs of living with diabetes.
As a participant, you will receive a workbook and additional resources to help you follow up on your foot care plan at home.
During the workshop, you will be able to:
- Explore your past experience with foot care
- Understand the importance and impact of diabetes on the health of your feet
- Identify factors that can lead to diabetic foot ulcers
- Develop a plan to care for your feet
- Commit to a preventive foot care plan
- Evaluate the changes you have made
The following workshops are available in your community:
| Diabetes, Healthy Feet & You Program Calendar 2022
A "VIRTUAL" Classroom
Workshops will be delivered using a password with a secure online videoconferencing tool to create interactive sessions. Participants will be able to interact with the facilitators and other members of the group. They can choose whether to be on camera
If interested in becoming a Peer Leader, click here
For more information on Diabetes, Healthy Feet & You Program: