Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions- Online Program
A Stanford University Self-Management Workshop.
What is the Program?
The Online Chronic Disease Self-Management Program is the province-wide online version of the in-person "Take Charge" workshops that are offered in the Waterloo Wellington region. Easy-to-follow content is consistent with that of the in-person classes. Details of the program are as follows:
- A 6 week evidence-based and highly-interactive online workshop
- Small groups of about 25 participants
- Led by two trained peer facilitators per workshop
- New lessons added each week
- Participants log on at their own convenience 2-3 times per week for a total of about 2 hours per week
- Confidential and anonymous. (The program takes place on a dedicated, secure website)
- Participants set their own goals and make a step-by-step action plan to help them feel better and start doing the things they want to do again
Who can Participate?
Adults with any type of long-term health condition as well as their friends and loved ones are welcome to participate. The program is broadly accessible, allowing individuals with any level of computer skills to participate from any computer with an internet connection, even a dial-up connection.
What is the cost?
Participation is FREE and all participants receive a copy of the course book, Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions, 4th Edition.
When is the Workshop Available?
Choose a workshop start date from the available sessions then log on at your own convenience! 2-3 times/week for a total of about 2 hours per week.
For more information or to register:
Log on to: www.ontarioselfmanagement.ca
Click Here to register now.