Active Living with Chronic Pain Tool Kit - Self Directed Learning with Phone Support
Learn skills to help you manage the physical and emotional challenges of living with chronic pain, and achieve your best health and wellness. This self-directed program was created from the evidence-based self-management Chronic Pain program originally developed at Stanford University.
The Tool Kit includes a self-test to help you determine where you want to focus and is supported by 6 weekly teleconferences with a Leader and 4-5 other participants.
HOW TO DETERMINE IF THE TOOL KIT PROGRAM IS FOR YOU:
Are you motivated to learn new skills to help manage your chronic pain and live a healthier life?
Do you enjoy self-directed independent learning?
Are you willing to spend a few hours a week learning and practicing new skills, including reading?
Able you able to commit to attend a 45-60 minute weekly teleconference with a leader and 4-5 other participants for 6 consecutive weeks?
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THIS PROGRAM:
Each week will begin with a 45-60 minute teleconference call between you and a certified Peer Leader and 4-5 other participants. The leader will talk you through the more important topics, guide you and the group in completing your homework, and answer any questions. You would then have the week to complete the expected reading and activities at your own convenience and pace.
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
Participants will be a mailed a Chronic Pain Tool kit containing:
- The Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain workbook written by experts in the field
- The Moving Easy Program exercise CD (illustrations are included in the book)
- A relaxation CD with 4 different relaxation exercises that are from 5 to 15 mins each *
- A resource booklet that includes a self-test to help you decide on where you want to focus
* If you do not have a CD player, an MP3 version of the Relaxation CD can be requested. Please email us after registering with this request
June 28- August 9, 2021
(No class August 2-- Civic Holiday)