Diabetes Healthy Feet and You
The Canadian Association of Wound Care (CAWC) has collaborated with the Waterloo Wellington Self-Management Program to provide the licensed peer led program, Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You Program to this region. This program was piloted and evaluated, and is now available across Canada.
The criteria for Healthcare Professionals to become a Certified Trainer for the Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You program include:
- attending a 1 day (or 2 half days) training workshop
- committing to 2-5 hours/week (dependent on the time required for program delivery
- having knowledge of advanced wound care practices (preferably formal training in wound care)
- good communication and teaching skills
- willing to work with a community team to develop a peer educator program
- committing to providing 2 workshops per year
Your certification costs are covered by the Waterloo Wellington Self-Managment program.
Interested in becoming a Certified Diabetes, Healthy Feet and you Trainer?
If you are a healthcare professional and are interested in becoming a Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You trainer, please fill out the application below.
|Upcoming Leader Training Workshops
For more information on the program: