If you are experiencing any issues when registering for a program, please contact
Justine at 519-947-1000 ext 255.
Our workshops are limited to Ontario residents only as they are funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health
This program was designed to promote better and a more restful sleep. During this free, 5 week group session you will learn strategies to help relax your mind and body, to decrease insomnia, and to fall asleep or back to sleep easily.
During this workshop, you will learn:
- self-regulation strategies to help fall asleep, or back to sleep, more easily
- sleep behaviours most highly recommended by sleep researchers
- lifestyle factors influencing sleep architecture
- tips on sleep efficiency and energy management
- myths and facts about sleep
- techniques to clear the mind of unproductive self-talk, worry and mental chatter
- common self-expectations about sleep
- how to keep a sleep diary
- bedtime relaxation techniques
This workshop is facilitated by Kathy Somers, R. Kin, BCB from the Stress Management and High Performance Clinic.
With our in-person workshops suspended as a result of COVID-19, we will be offering the complete workshop in a virtual group setting. This workshop will be held via and online teleconferencing network called Zoom.
A “VIRTUAL” Classroom:
Workshops will be delivered using a password with a secure online videoconferencing tool to create interactive sessions. Participants will be able to interact with the facilitators and other members of the group. They can choose whether to be on camera.
A personal computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone with Internet access is required to connect to the workshop. If you are using a computer that does not have a microphone built in, then you will need a microphone or headset.
A week prior to the workshop, instructions will be sent on how to join the group. There is no cost to attend. Registration is required and space is limited.
By completing this registration, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Waterloo Wellington Self-Management Program.