If you are experiencing any issues when registering for a program, please contact
Justine at 519-947-1000 ext 255.
The goal of this course is to build practical skills for effective and efficient communication and decision-making in a compassionate way. Skills include using Ask-Tell-Ask for giving information and advice, teach-back for shared understanding, and the BRAIN worksheet to support informed decision-making.
Learners will work through three online modules at their own pace, each accompanied by a quiz and an assignment that is reviewed by an instructor. Assignments are scenario-based and include a skills demonstration. Modules include video and audio examples, interactive text-based content, a group forum, resources and practice activities.
- Consider how to communicate with non- judgmental attitude
- Define Ask-Tell-Ask, a skill for giving information and advice
- Demonstrate using teach- back to confirm understanding
- Demonstrate using the BRAIN worksheet to make an informed decision
The course takes approximately 1.5-3 hours to complete and you will have access to the module for 4 weeks.
- 4 learning modules with activities
- 3 learning checks (small quizzes)
- 2 assignments
By completing this registration, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Waterloo Wellington Self-Management Program.