The Diabetes Self-Management Workshop is a free 6-week workshop that was developed to support those living with Type 2 Diabetes, and their families, to manage their diabetes and includes goal setting to help participants start and maintain lifestyle changes.
Participants will learn:
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- How to use glucose monitoring to make day to day decisions and to manage sick days
- Healthy eating
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working more effectively with health care providers
- Recommended tests for prevention or delay of complications
- Proper foot care
- Action-planning, problem-solving, decision-making
Participants will receive the book "Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions" and a CD.
You must register to attend.
A “VIRTUAL” Classroom
Workshops will be delivered using a password with a secure online videoconferencing tool to create interactive sessions. Participants will be able to interact with the facilitators and other members of the group. They can choose whether to be on camera.
A personal computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone with Internet access is required to connect to the workshop. If you are using a computer that does not have a microphone built in, then you will need a microphone or headset.
A week prior to the workshop, instructions will be sent on how to join the group. There is no cost to attend. Registration is required and space is limited. In order to ensure you receive your materials in the mail, you must provide a current and complete mailing address (including unit/apt/suite #)
By completing this registration, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Waterloo Wellington Self-Management Program.